Are you thinking of getting a portable diesel generator? The first thing you should be asking is what’s in it for you? What can diesel and a diesel engine provide you that cannot be provided by propane or gas? At the same time, why do other people not prefer to have generators that run on diesel? Here are answers to these questions as well as other possible advantages and disadvantages to portable diesel generators. factory direct generators
* One of the top advantages of diesel engines is fuel efficiency. Generators with diesel consume less fuel than those that run on gas. Some diesel generators consume only half their fuel load when functioning in the same capacity as other generator types. This is why diesel generators are perfect for supplying non-stop power. They can therefore be relied upon to constantly power refrigerators, computers and even home medical equipment.
* A portable diesel generator is sturdier than its counterparts. It can run for a total of more than 2000-3000 hours before you have to seriously consider major maintenance work. You can easily see proof of diesel engine sturdiness just by looking at other equipment that runs on diesel. Heavy duty vehicles for example last longer than smaller ones used for transportation because they run on diesel.
* Regular maintenance is not a problem. This is because there are no spark plugs to maintain. You only have to remember to regularly change the oil and clean your unit from as often as the product manual tells you to.
* A diesel generator is perfect for rough terrain and rough work. These generators are many times more reliable in rugged environments than gas units. This makes diesel generators just right for off site construction work and outdoor activities.
* You’ll hardly have a problem with your fuel source with a portable diesel generator. Diesel is available in great quantities almost anywhere. Just as long as a gas station is around, you are sure to find some diesel supply.
* Diesel can be safely used in most instances. It is less flammable than other fuel sources. Diesel generators also do not have spark plugs, which further lessens the chances of freak fires. You get instant protection for both your property and your generator unit.